I recently started a project called the Rebellion DAO and will be launching soon. I’ll be adding $20k to the LP to get it started over the next few days, but I was hoping to get some feedback first!
**The basics of how it works:**
There are 3 main parts to the protocol & website:
* The new **$REB** token that is the currency of the Rebellion DAO
* **Rebel NFTs** which can only be purchased via $REB and produce $REB on a daily basis as a source of passive income
* **Rebellion Citizenship** which you get by joining the DAO which gives you voting rights & also gives you daily $REB
The idea is essentially that there are several economic levers for the DAO can use to control the price of the token:
* When the token price is too low additional Rebel NFTs will be minted. Since these Rebel NFTs cost $REB tokens, this can be used as a lever to increase the price of the token.
* Citizenship also costs $REB tokens and the output of daily $REB to Rebellion Citizens can be increased / decreased regularly based on the relative price of $REB to fiat currencies.
* When the price of $REB is increasing too quickly the DAO has $REB at its disposal to either sell into the LP and then re-enforce the position in order to decrease volatility or use the proceeds to do buybacks during times of FUD.
*Note: All tokens used to mint Rebel NFTs, buy Rebellion Citizenship, etc.. are actually directly burned, decreasing the overall supply.*
The basic idea of having these levers is to create a more sustainable increase in price over time. Instead of the token going from $0.02 to $100 overnight and then crashing to $2, the DAO can use these levers to create a steady increase in price over the course of a year.
**Long term sustainability:**
The biggest issue is the long term sustainability of this model. As we’ve seen with other DAOs when new investors stop coming in it tends to cause the price to tank. In order to solve this issue the following will be done:
* Build a fully independent EVM blockchain (this initial launch is on polygon) with the $REB token being the native currency so more tokens can be burned via gas fees.
* Create an incubator (20% of all tokens are dedicated to this) to invest in startups that build on the Rebellion ecosystem. This is done for the following reasons
* > Use the equity in these companies as a source of income to further support long term $REB distributions
* > Create companies that support buying / selling everyday goods and services to remove the need to convert your $REB tokens into other currencies removing selling pressure
* Lastly the Rebellion Citizenship model is designed to get a ton of people onboarded onto the protocol getting a little bit of $REB each day. This will ideally make the Rebellion DAO a good user acquisition strategy for companies to an engaged audience with money.
Looking forward to hearing any feedback. I would be happy to give out one of the genesis Rebel NFTs to the most helpful feedback!