Flare Launches Layer 1 Oracle Network

**After over two years of development,** r/FlareNetworks **launched its hotly-anticipated Layer 1 platform**

The release, marking a significant milestone for Flare, includes two new core protocols and a long-awaited Flare (FLR) token distribution. What can we expect? On Jan 9 millions of XRP holders saw the first stage of 4.28 billion FLR distribution, making it one of the largest crypto token distribution events in history.

The airdrop of 15% out of the total supply amount was conducted on a 1:1 basis. The remaining 85% will be airdropped in the span of the next three years. By owning FLR tokens, users can leverage Flare Networks EVM infrastructure and its native data protocols, known as the State Connector and Flare Time Series Oracle (FTSO). FLR holders are also able to vote on future governance propositions.

Flare’s CEO Hugo Philion says: “Flare’s objective is to enable developers to build applications that securely access more data. This could enable new use cases to be built, such as triggering a Flare smart contract action \[…\]. It also facilitates a new way of bridging \[…\].”

by r/getblockio

View Source

Leave a Comment