Here’s some transaction of the PEPE’s deployer:
* April 14, 2023, 02:51:35 PM UTC, PEPE token deployed [tx/0x2afae7763487e60b893cb57803694810e6d3d136186a6de6719921afd7ca304a](
* April 14, 2023, 05:21:11 PM UTC, Deployer added 93.1% of all PEPE tokens to Uniswap V2 pool [tx/0x273894b35d8c30d32e1ffa22ee6aa320cc9f55f2adbba0583594ed47c031f6f6](
* April 14, 2023, 07:46:47 PM UTC, Deployer set rule limiting each buyer to purchasing between 0.2% and 0.6% of PEPE via the Uniswap pool [tx/0x23e6f40d4a2c973e53d3e2a282225c630f64f23746c8295de710f578d240c699](
* 81 addresses bought PEPE, 38% of PEPE tokens were sold, one address blacklisted, three others sold PEPE almost immediately (each sale now worth $8 million)
* April 14, 2023, 09:08:59 PM UTC, Deployer unset the rule and relinquished control over the token and the pool, I think this is the end of close door selling. [ [ [
Lessons to learn:
80 participants are all it takes to kick off a highly successful meme coin. While this number might seem high for the average person, it’s actually lower than one might imagine. By distributing roughly 40% of the total tokens evenly among these participants, a foundation for success is laid. Once the tokens are distributed, it’s time to let advertising and word-of-mouth take over, allowing the project to ferment and gain traction.
For other new meme coins, conducting a similar analysis of early actions taken by the participants and comparing it to the PEPE case could reveal valuable insights. By examining the strategies and behaviors of early adopters, one can identify patterns and trends that may contribute to the success of a meme coin.
I am open to conducting these analyses for other meme coins. Feel free to leave a comment below.
5 thoughts on “80 Participants and 4 Hours: The Birth of PEPE”
Thank you! Can you explain $WOJAK, $FKPEPE, $BOB, $WSB, $WSBC, $SPONGE, and $TURBO?
Man there is more to PEPE Story
No, 80 participants is not all it takes to kick off a successful meme coin.
You need, you know, a successful meme. Pepe was a meme before the coin came out.
I’ve noticed some memes circulating lately, but many of them seem to have much fewer participants during closed-door periods. Would not want to go.
Can you make analyse for Nyan the same way?