Hello everyone and welcome to Moon Week for round 23 of Moons! For more information about Moons, please [see our wiki page here]( or [the Community Points page by the admins here](
Moon Week began yesterday with [the snapshot post by the admins]( The [ratio is at least 0.292]( and you can check out the post and comments to see how many moons you’ll be getting next Wednesday at the end of Moon Week.
To give exposure to our governance polls for the month, this Moon Week post will remain pinned to the top of the subreddit until the distribution post next Wednesday. **Please review the following important information first. Each month we have dozens of questions about these things even though they are answered right here**:
* **If you can’t see polls or vote**, or have any other issue, try again later or from a different platform (different browser, app, mobile, or desktop). These glitches usually resolve themselves within a few hours, but let us know if it hasn’t after a day or two.
* **You can’t change your vote** so make sure you read the full post and discussions, and ask any questions you have before you vote. There are people wishing they voted differently every month and you have several days to vote so there is no need to rush it.
* [CCIP-006 implemented a 5% bonus for voting in at least 1 poll]( plus [an additional 1.25% for each additional governance poll was implemented by CCIP-014](
* You will also get a special badge for a week after voting in a governance poll. These are visible in the reddit app and new.reddit on desktop. If you have voted and yours is not showing, you may need to enable it manually by clicking your badges and looking at the Achievements tab.
* Successful polls are implemented whenever the mods or admins have a chance to do it. Usually this is within days or weeks of the poll passing, but depends on workload, priorities, and complexity of implementation
Here are your polls for this round of Moons. Each poll is given a designated CCIP number, as per [CCIP-017]( You can now view [the full CCIP list here](
* [CCIP-027 – Comments with Negative Karma Should NOT Get 2x Multiplier](
* [CCIP-028 – Adjust the criteria for successful subreddit governance polls](
Thank you for reading and happy voting!
30 thoughts on “Moon Week 23 – New Governance Polls and the State of the MOONion”
It’s nice to see 0.29
Voted, but have no moons yet. Heh.
I voted. I’ll expect my sticker promptly.
I voted ✔️
*Every single vote matters*
**No timelock moons or inflation polls?** I saw different things in meta.
What happened to the Poll about removing negative karma altogether?
How many here actually thoroughly read all the proposals, state of the Moonion, and watch the YouTube video on state of the Moonion? I hope I’m not the only one lol
Great polls. Now, will there be something for the Moons to have more utility and mainnet? It’s been almost 2 years.
As someone who has a few buttcoiner enemies with itchy (and presumably, stinky) downvote fingers I hope that ccip-027 passes 🤞🏼
Awesome that we see improvement for the moons distribution
I had a poll to increase Moons burn rate, which had a lot of support (160 Yes votes) – why isn’t this included?
This is the moment we have all been waiting for
I can’t see
Only voting 2 times? Man I’ve become addicted to democracy !
Moons have taken a beating lately but I’m hoping for a recovery in the near future. I did my part and voted!
2 polls which are both quite impactful, get out there and vote!
Both easy decisions this time
If only I was paid irl to vote ![gif](emote|emo_pack_1|nooo)
Since this is a state of the MOONion address, I hope one mod is taken to a secure location as a Designated Survivor.
Thanks for all the hard work Mods. You keep this sub up and running.
Good polls, easy choices to make. Plus, the little shower head badge
I approve the 2 changes!
I hope to get moons this distribution
Quick Crypto tax question: CoinBase doesn’t report a 1099-MISC for rewards under $600, thus if I am reporting my trades and some of those are rewards, but the overall rewards was not enough for them to file a 1099-MISC to the IRS or send me one, then there is no point in me adjusting my cost basis to 0, as their gain loss report puts the original reward value in my cost basis?
Sorry if this was the wrong place to ask.